Senior Designer / Art Director - Temporary (3654)
US-New York City, NY /
Creative Services – Shared Creative Studio /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
Welcome to Amyris Creative:
We are a group of ideas-driven creatives shaping the vision and voice of the next generation of beauty and wellness brands. Under the leadership of Francisco Costa, we are building a world-class team with expertise in design, art direction, copy, strategy, creative problem solving, and more. We are inspired to bring harmony and health to all living things and believe the future of ‘clean beauty’ includes sustainability, ecology, and environmental technologies not yet invented. As the internal creative agency for groundbreaking biotech company Amyris, we define and implement growth strategies for existing brands; deliver best-in-class creative work in collaboration with top-tier photographers and directors; and incubate new brands that are better for the earth and better for the consumer.
If you are passionate about creative excellence, teamwork, and the future of our planet, we’d love to hear from you.
- Strategic thinking and excellent communication skills are a must for articulating vision and receiving/providing feedback.
- Drive creative projects spanning brand design and image-making (with an emphasis on photo/still and motion art direction).
- Ability to conceptualize and execute digital content.
- Manage and oversee production from idealization to conception.
- Work closely with Head of Creative Agency and Creative Director to drive and develop brand world for new brands and bench-mark setting new creative for existing brands
- Possess thorough understanding of design and experience building files for both print and digital (collateral, packaging/product design, digital/social, ecommerce, other direct-to-consumer channels and platforms).
- Manage multiple projects for multiple brands while maintaining high level of design excellence and attention to detail.
- Support communications with vendors as needed including printers, photographers, retouchers editors and more.
- Ability to own projects and be highly responsive under tight-deadlines and creative feedback from leadership and brand partners.
- Work with Account and Project Management on overall project timelines priorities and self-manage on a day-to-day.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; maintain a solution-oriented outlook
- QA design work and assist with production tasks associated with projects.
- Stays current on industry trends, social sentiment and competitors.
- Role is hybrid on-site in New York and work-from-home based on regular team meeting cadence and schedule.
- Must be available for hybrid schedule out of our NYC office.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- 8+ years of design experience in branding for print, packaging, and digital marketing – experience in both print and web creative execution a must.
- Strong visual design sense, excellent typography & layout skills, keen eye for detail and brand identity systems.
- Proven ability to produce, end-to-end, compelling photo and motion creative for campaign and other brand communications
- Possess an outstanding portfolio with variety of industries and deliverables represented.
- Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback.
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and Adobe CC Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience with Figma, Canva, Kalyvio and other D2C creative communication platforms preferred.
- Understanding of the latest design trends (type, layout, digital).
- Understanding of the latest trends in beauty/fashion/lifestyle a plus.
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently but values collaboration and feedback.
- Motion, Editing, Photography skills a plus.
- Passion for clean beauty, and interest in biotechnology and science preferred
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The contract hourly rate for this role is $78 per hour to $95 per hour. The hourly rate will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.