Quality Assurance Engineer 1, Supplier (3543)
Manufacturing and Operations – Quality /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
Amyris is seeking a detail oriented and highly collaborative Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer 1 to ensure components and finished goods are within specification and documentation is complete and correct. This position will be remote, but based close to a major Contract Manufacturer (CM) in Idaho Falls, ID.
- Compares finished product against standard and take corrective as needed.
- Inspects for finished product attributes and ensure that they meet quality standards.
- Reports quality problems or finding to Quality management and follow ups to ensure that the correction action has/will take place.
- Able to QC inspect products remotely at home.
- Also responsible for basic quality services including: supplier evaluation, verification of special processes, defect analysis, timely root cause and corrective action implementation for affected products.
- Implements preventive actions to reduce defects, analyzes effectiveness of supplier root cause and corrective actions to eliminate repeat escapes.
- Liaison between Amyris and CM.
- College education or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 1+ year experience in Quality Assurance preferably in cosmetic or food process manufacturing or an FDA regulated industry.
- Full knowledge of working with and troubleshooting Quality Control instrumentation.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Good time-management skills.
- Good English communications skills: speaking, reading, and writing.
- Advanced PC Knowledge i.e. MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on project assignments.
- Ability to quickly remedy procedural problems.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Makes suggestions for improvements.
- Communicates and collaborates with management.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this non-exempt role is $29.09-$47.36 per hour. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, 20 paid vacation days, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.