Executive Assistant to the President of Biossance
Executive – Executive Office
The Program Manager & Executive Assistant will report to the President of Biossance, supporting the President and teams as requested. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require organizational skills, integrity, innovation and teamwork. We are looking for an extremely organized individual with high energy, strong program management skills and a proactive attitude. This position performs professional work of considerable difficulty assisting in a range of administrative functions related to brand management and the Biossance strategy. This includes: master calendar management, global travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, team events, office management, presentation organization, preparing reports and financial data, meeting minutes. In this role you will be exercising your creativity, collaboration, leadership, and strategy skills.
- Proactively manage executive calendars, receive and screen communications
- Effectively manage complex domestic and international travel arrangements (air, hotel, ground transportation and itineraries) with consideration for executives’ time and travel.
- Prepare internal and external presentations and communications, as requested.
- Partner with Biossance leadership, managers and business leaders to deliver key business programs such as distribution of product comp to partners.
- Manage specific Biossance projects, including budget, reporting, and resolution or escalation of issues.
- Build relationships and partnerships which are crucial to the success of the organization.
- Provide the highest level of customer–centric support to handle interaction and communications with customers, internal departments, and outside vendors.
- Assisting with budgetary planning, monitor and assist with forecasting monthly budget.
- Be one of the ambassadors for the brand day to day internally by designing and coordinating weekly happy hours and other on-site company events (e.g. BioSphere Meetings)
- Establish processes to make executive interaction efficient and effective.
- Make decisions/recommendations based on team priorities and objectives.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and payments for vendors.
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity.
- Approve employee timesheets and assist with filing and records maintenance when needed.
- Handling complex and sensitive inquiries/call from external/internal sources.
- In addition, this role provides light administrative support to our SVP of Corporate Communications and will be the back-up partner for our CEO’s Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree and four years’ experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- 7+ years of experience supporting a senior executive
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Master problem-solver with the ability to act confidently to make sound decisions independently
- Good sense of humor with a friendly communication style and a strong customer service mindset
- Highly trustworthy when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Candidates must have proficient computer skills, with expert skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think critically and quickly to problem solve as issues arise
- Adaptable to various workstyles yet maintains a level of assertiveness
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and guidance; must be a quick learner in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- High energy team player with a proactive, "can do" work ethic
- Experience in using technology to improve work efficiency
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.