Glassware Technician 1 - Temporary (3673)
US-Emeryville, CA /
Research and Development – Lab Support /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
We are seeking a Glassware Technician I to support the Lab Services group with general laboratory operations specifically glassware services supporting Research & Development departments, particularly Biology, Automated Strain Engineering, Fermentation, High Throughput Screening, Analytics, and the Pilot Plant. This position will be focused on service delivery excellence and will utilize basic functionality of systems and equipment relevant to the job function, such as industrial glasswasher and autoclaves. The successful candidate will need to flourish in a fast paced, research environment as a team player. Additional responsibilities may include taking inventory and preparing agarose gels.
- Daily pickup of dirty glassware, spare parts, and plastics from labs.
- Calibration of pH and DO probes and building of fermentation tanks.
- Processing of glassware fermentation tanks which includes washing and sterilizing in centralized glass wash area.
- Daily delivery of clean glassware in point of use storage cabinets.
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches.
- Awareness of environmental, health and safety issues in the work environment.
- Ability to frequently move around for longs periods of time.
- Ability to regularly grasp items and use both fine and gross hand manipulations.
- Regularly lift/move items up to 50lbs.
- Live and model Amyris Core Values.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with a computer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with maintaining inventory counts, working with handheld scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Background in a laboratory setting, including Food Grade environment with glasswashers and autoclaves.
- Working knowledge of good documentation.
- Relevant experience in a biotech laboratory setting or services preferred.
- Experience with startups and/or research experience.
$19.71 - $25 an hour
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The contract hourly rate for this role is $19.71 to $25. The hourly rate will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.