Senior Substrate/Rust Engineer
San Francisco, California /
Analog is building a true Layer-0 blockchain network that ushers in the omnichain future, secured with the Proof-of-Time consensus mechanism.
Backed by world-class investors, our vision is to facilitate the seamless communication of time data (events) between decentralized applications across different chains.
We are a decentralized, non-hierarchical team seeking an expert Substrate/Rust Developer (experience building on Polkadot is a plus!) to assist with the design, development, implementation of this new Blockchain proof of concept.
This expert will be collaborating in the development of a testnet with all use-case specific core features i.e. blockchain runtime, multichain support, protocol interoperability, consensus mechanism, gRPC, APIs, new smart contract scripting system, and numerous other protocols.
As a founding engineer on the Analog team, you’ll be redefining the legacy blockchain frameworks eliminating their inherent limitations i.e. interoperability, etc with radically new solutions, breaking new ground on writing code to achieve a truly future-proof system.
About the role
- Drive core technical projects for PoC clients from inception to completion (full life cycle)
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of novel consensus mechanisms
- Collaborate in the design and development of network onboarding tools
- Participate in Design & Development of SDK for interoperable support
- Collaborate and supervise the development of Defi infrastructure, decentralized applications, smart contracts, protocols, lending/trading applications, and more (examples: https://defipulse.com/defi-list/)
- Optionally quality and reliability through automated testing design for your projects
- Mentor fellow peers and assist code reviews
- Engage with our open source community
- 5+ years of experience in computer science, preferably low level.
- Seasoned with core system programming languages & concepts, specifically with Rust and Substrate.
- 2+ years of experience in blockchain, consensus protocols, decentralized systems, applied cryptography, compilers, p2p, or similar systems
- Must have 1+ year experience in Substrate.
- Experience in Tailored system applications in Rust, Substrate, Go, or C++
- Proficiency with Network Protocols, i.e HTTP/2, TCP/2, P2P, IPFS
- Experience in architect and implementation of use case-specific network protocol or database is a plus.
- Highly competitive salary and token compensation with huge growth potential
- Be a founding engineer of one of the most innovative protocols to exist in blockchain
- Supercharge your career in Web3 - the future of the internet
- Work closely with team members who have a wide breadth of experience from some of the leading tech companies in the world
- Flexible working hours and working environment
Analog fosters an inclusive work environment that doesn’t tolerate unjust discrimination against race, religion, gender, disability, age or other qualities. We encourage anyone from around the world to apply as long as they meet the job requirements!