Senior Product Manager, Ancestry Mobile App
Product Management – Product Management
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive innovation through our Ancestry mobile app. In this role, you will help drive the vision and development of new products and features that help people connect with family--both past and present. You will work closely with a passionate, cross-functional team across research, engineering, design, marketing and customer service to deliver amazing user experiences.
As a senior member of the Product team, you must be passionate about our customers and energized by working closely with smart, talented, fun-loving, execution-focused teammates in a highly interactive environment. You will lead by identifying product opportunity, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measuring effectiveness, and partnering across the organization to bring your vision to market.
This position is based in our Lehi, UT office. Relocation assistance is available.
What You Will Do
- Work with research, user experience, engineering, marketing, customer support, and legal teams to deliver products and features that help individuals better understand their past
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance indicators
- Create user stories and other required input and direction to the Scrum team; own the backlog and keep the team fully engaged building the highest priority features and enhancements
- Define key milestones and targets for the Ancestry app, and drive the successful execution needed to hit these targets
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customers and to enable next-generation personalization of the user experience
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- Deliver customer value on a rapid and regular cadence; learn quickly from quantitative and qualitative feedback; iterate approach with urgency based on learnings
Who You Are
- 6+ years of product management experience with a proven track record of shipping great products.
- Successful track record of delivering high quality iOS and/or Android products
- Strong technical understanding of mobile technologies and the process of releasing and updating apps through iTunes Connect and/or Google Play
- Smart, creative, driven, and experienced leading a cross-functional team to deliver great products quickly
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision / objectives and influence others
- Highly effective written communication skills, presentation techniques, meeting management, and team building skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Natural ability to lead through influence
- Excellent research and data analysis skills combined with an obsession for making data based decisions
- Experience with survey design and various primary customer research techniques
- Bachelor’s degree; STEM / computer science background a plus
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means