Full Stack Software Engineer
Software Development – Dev - Ancestry Apps
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories: family history and consumer genetic testing.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Java, NodeJs, React, Docker and Kubernetes to design, implement and deploy large scale web applications and services leveraging the benefits of Amazon Web Services
- Work in an Agile environment with Product Management, User Experience, Quality Assurance, Architecture, and other engineers to solve challenging problems and deliver world-class software
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed and ensure quality is maintained as development moves forward
- Implement and mentor other team members on best practices
Who You Are:
- REQUIRED: Current and 3+ years industry experience in back-end java or node programming for web based applications
- Proficient with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (strong CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures, and algorithms)
- Development experience with REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL and Caching
- Experience with Reactive architectures and asynchronous code
- Understanding of software development and deploy processes
- Disciplined approach to development including QA, Design Patterns and CI/CD
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means