Software Development – Data Science
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 20 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15+ million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
We are growing our Data Science team in Lehi, UT. We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join and help develop this exciting team.
You will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
What You Will Do
- Use data science to drive product innovation, customer success, marketing optimization, and more across both our family history and consumer genomics businesses
- Apply statistics, clustering, and modeling to complex business problems
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Leverage data mining, computer science, and/or natural language processing to increase value across our businesses
Who You Are
- You will have a M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, or any data related field in addition to 2 years industry experience in machine learning / statistical modeling.
- Expert level in machine learning and Statistical analysis (classification, regression, recommendation systems).
- Proven track record of completing multiple data science projects end to end, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with SPARK and SQL
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means