Sr. Manager UX - P000539 (Lehi)
UX/Design – User Experience
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 20 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15+ million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
What you'll do:
You will help envision and create the future of the Ancestry family history product. You must be a strong design leader that will help lead, inspire and collaborate with a team of designers to create profound experiences for our customers. You are someone that is a pragmatic visionary, who will consider the Experience first and foremost and articulate it to internal stakeholders. You are a systems-level design thinker that is able to distill complex workflows into elegantly simple experiences. You must have an uncanny sense of clean design and be passionate about helping your team excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. In addition, you will need to be a strong partner for our product and engineering counterparts - to help set product strategy and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
8-plus years experience in UX & Design, with experience managing mid-level and junior team members
Demonstrated experience as people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, retain, and develop creative talent
Expert knowledge of human-centered design principles and research methods
Experience executing on a variety of research methods - both generative and exploratory
Excellent knowledge of accessibility and industry standards
Solid communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas both internally and directly to executive level client stakeholders Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Who you'll do
- Lead the design process for your team — from problem definition to design implementation
- Mentor your team and coordinate training on specialized UX methods – such as IA, journey mapping, storytelling, user-research methods, low-fidelity prototyping, etc.
- Oversee the definition and quality execution of designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, and production assets
- Identify and advocate for new design opportunities — and shape and scope initiatives for them
- Define product roadmaps, balancing user/business/tech perspectives, prioritizing problems to solve and the solutions or features to solve them
- Support research activities and know when/how to advocate for exploratory or testing research in the design/development process
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative solutions and informed design decisions that drive positive and measurable outcomes
- Story tell to communicate progress, direction, and outcomes in a way that helps varied stakeholders understand and buy into the design journey and design choices
- Mentor other designers and provide design direction while leaving room for others to participate
- Strategic thinking coupled with caring attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity in an ever-changing landscape
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means