Senior Product Manager, Marketing Data Science
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing Technology
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for an exceptional SeniorProduct Manager who can help realize our vision of data science & AI-driven marketing. At Ancestry, we are passionate about using data to provide the best possible customer experience with our brand and our products. We are building a modern marketing engine to help our customers find discoveries about themselves and their ancestors.
You will use your data science, AI and marketing expertise to lead the product direction of our data scientists to unlock critical customer value across Ancestry. In this role, you will work with our data scientists, engineers, and marketing teams to build a vision for Ancestry’s marketing AI capabilities, execute against the vision to create engaging, personalized consumer experiences and optimize for growth.
With your solid understanding of the marketing landscape, coupled with deep knowledge of AI in Marketing, SDLC (software development lifecycle), and Agile methodologies, you will plan and execute on above vision to deliver tangible customer value iteratively. If you are someone who looks at disconnected systems, user interfaces, processes, and marketing campaign efforts as an opportunity to connect, iterate, and learn from, then this is a great role for you.
This position is based in the San Francisco office and reports to our Director, Product Management for Marketing Technology.
What you will do:
- Work closely with marketing to understand business goals and come up with innovative product solutions to provide a strong end customer experience and deliver against marketing metrics and objectives.
- Drive continuous product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing research, emerging standards, market/competitive analysis, and product performance, providing strategic direction to teams of engineers
- Write user stories and prioritize the backlog for engineering teams building and implementing marketing technology using agile methodologies
- Define success metrics and reporting needs to monitor post-launch performance to drive incremental improvements
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with business partners in other organizations, guiding cross-functional teams to ensure all teams are coordinated throughout the product development process
- Represent your team in communication with marketing, engineering, and product leadership.
Who you are:
- You will havea minimum of 5 years of product management experience with marketing and data science, preferably in a consumer-focused environment with a focus on data.
- Experience at planning Marketing-AI initiatives to drive incremental growth.
- Experience working in marketing areas such as CRM, Performance Media, Social Listening, Customer Behavior, Marketing Analytics, and/or Content Management Systems
- Experience with scalable, personalized marketing programs with multi-channel campaigns
- Experience with software development life cycle using agile methodology, in a product owner role
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, or similar discipline.
- Experience with family history or DNA preferred
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means