Senior iOS Developer (mobile apps)- Ancestry (Lehi, UT)
Software Development – Dev - Ancestry Apps
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 20 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15+ million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for an experienced Senior iOS Developer to join our engineering teams to help us build powerful, compelling and immersive apps for iPhone and iPad. This position is located at our office in Lehi, UT.
What You Will Do:
- You will be working with a well-formed agile team of engineers, QA and product owners to help build shared frameworks for our multiple mobile applications. You will be responsible for helping create, maintain, and evolve cutting-edge iPhone and iPad Apps using Swift, Objective-C and the iOS and watchOS SDK's
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or experience)
- At least 3 years of experience developing iOS Apps for a company or on your own
- Ability to demonstrate one or more existing iOS Apps that you were instrumental in building
- Strong understanding of testing practices including unit & UI automation testing
- Strong understanding of good object-oriented development practices
- Strong understanding and use of source code repositories like Git
- Understanding of Agile software development processes such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies; self-starter
- Good communication skills; ability to provide clear documentation
- Ability to create simple and intuitive user experiences that cut through complex, data-rich problems
Strong skills in the following technologies:
- Swift, Objective-C
- iOS SDK
- UIKit and Core Animation
- RESTful Web Services
- Layout & constraints
- Framework creation & API Design
Desired, but not required, skills:
- Experience with CI (Jenkins, Xcode bots, etc)
- Android App development with Java and the Android SDK
- Backend server experience with Node.js or Java.
- Experience with application globalization & internationalization
- Experience with application accessibility
- Understanding and use of best development patterns and practices including SOLID Principles and clean architecture.
- Ability to mentor other engineers
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means