Member of Technical Staff, Frontend Engineering
Anchorage Digital is an industry leader, a dynamic startup and growing business, and a diverse and welcoming team where individual professional growth is priority. Founded in 2017, Anchorage is a regulated platform that offers institutions simple and secure participation in digital assets, all integrated with industry-leading custody. We’re the infrastructure company behind your favorite bank or fintech company and the platform for institutional participation in digital assets. Additionally, Anchorage Digital received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank in January 2021, setting the standard for crypto regulation in the United States. Anchorage has raised a total of $137M in funding from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, VISA, Blockchain Capital.
- Create and maintain intuitive web experiences for our clients and internal operations team.
- Work closely with engineering leadership and product management to ensure we’re building awesome, feature-rich, scalable, and secure products.
- Actively participate in product development: shipping new features, improving existing flows, and taking an active role in code reviews for the team.
- Help develop the Frontend team with a strong emphasis on mentorship, coaching, and maintaining high technical standards.
- Collaborate with the design team to build a reusable component library and stay consistent with our brand guidelines.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient and deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Help shepherd and iterate on our engineering culture and values.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have real world experience building web applications and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You have strong communication skills, collaborator, and relationship builder.
- You have experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- You have a deep appreciation for code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, conscientious
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have a familiarity and love of GraphQL APIs and end-to-end type systems.
- You enjoy working with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Frontend Tech: ReactJS, Flow, TypeScript, CSS Modules, Jest, and Cypress.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering Methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, container orchestration, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.