Member of Technical Staff, Platform Engineering
United States /
Full-Time - Remote
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a Member of Technical Staff at the Platform Engineering team, you'll get the opportunity to work on various platform areas such as cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, gke, terraform), and build systems for our monorepo. You’ll help define the long-term strategy and execute it with a team of talented engineers. Internal developers will appreciate a well functioning build pipeline that allows them to get their code to production smoothly. The business and Anchorage customers will appreciate a reliable, secure runtime infrastructure as that is a core competency of the Anchorage ecosystem and value proposition. The role has cross-team exposure which allows for interesting work and professional growth.
As a Platform Engineer, you will:
- Define and influence large infrastructure initiatives such as creating the abstraction for Kubernetes and istio.
- Operate reliable and cost efficient cloud infrastructure.
- Lead the initiative to migrate from monolith to microservice architecture such as decomposing Terraform and Kubernetes configurations.
- Build or adopt deployment tools to automate the deployment process.
- Improve the build system to shorten developer feedback loop.
- Build robust local and remote test infrastructure to enhance developer productivity.
- Work with external partners and internal engineering and security teams to deliver secure cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Advocate the best practice across cloud infrastructure, developer experience and observability.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Strong programming skills and love Linux and automation.
- Have experience with one of the major cloud providers (ideally GCP and/or AWS) and Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform etc.
- Have experience with Build toolchains such as Bazel, Gradle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with ChromeOS.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data informed and all full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $144,670 - $244,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits to our employees. In fact, we are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees in the United States, Portugal, and Singapore. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.