Member of Technical Staff, Backend Engineering (Platform)
San Francisco / Bay Area /
Anchorage Digital is an industry leader, a dynamic startup and growing business, and a diverse and welcoming team where individual professional growth is priority. Founded in 2017, Anchorage is a regulated platform that offers institutions simple and secure participation in digital assets, all integrated with industry-leading custody. We’re the infrastructure company behind your favorite bank or fintech company and the platform for institutional participation in digital assets. Additionally, Anchorage Digital received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank in January 2021, setting the standard for crypto regulation in the United States. Anchorage has raised a total of $137M in funding from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, VISA, Blockchain Capital.
- Work across multiple product lines such as Anchorage Digital Trading, Anchorage Financing, and our suite of API integrations.
- Develop scalable infrastructure that serves a range of clients from bleeding edge investors to major financial institutions and Fortune 50 companies.
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up!
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You have a genuine interest and pride in code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with near real-time data processing and/or low latency distributed systems.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.