Member of Internal Audit, AML
United States /
Internal Audit /
Full-Time - Remote
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
Anchorage Digital’s Internal Audit function is an independent function responsible for providing assurance covering Anchorage Digital’s business and operations.
The Member of Internal Audit, AML will assist the AML Audit Lead in executing high quality BSA/AML and OFAC compliance program audits that meet the regulators’ expectations for the regulated entities of Anchorage Digital. This includes performing walkthroughs of business processes with various stakeholders, determining audit scope, evaluating design of business controls, testing for control effectiveness, documenting audit work performed, and drafting audit findings and management action plans with stakeholders.
As a Member of Internal Audit, AML you will:
- Execute high quality BSA/AML and OFAC audits in an efficient, autonomous manner.
- Collaborate across Internal Audit and adjacent teams to determine audit scope, identify risks and control gaps, and develop mitigating management action plans.
- Draft, discuss, and present audit findings to respective stakeholders, liaising closely with the AML Compliance team.
- Track audit findings and perform validation testing over completed regulatory tasks; resolving a wide range of challenges in creative ways, and suggesting different potential approaches when appropriate.
- Develop excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business, from AML Compliance to KYC Operations, and provide best practice guidance as a trusted control advisor to the business.
- Help define and prepare reporting metrics for senior stakeholders of Anchorage Digital Bank and the Audit Committee.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience executing internal audits for BSA/AML and OFAC compliance, BSA/AML IT, and/or BSA/AML model testing under moderate guidance.
- Complete conceptual knowledge of BSA/AML audit or compliance assurance/testing at a financial institution.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt traditional banking experience to the crypto industry; ensuring we correctly support Anchorage Digital Bank's products and services.
- Passion for promoting a positive working environment through excellent listening, speaking and demonstrated empathy for team members.
- Ability to contribute to cross-functional goals, collaborating across Internal Audit and AML Compliance, to problem-solve and enhance teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation abilities for leading walkthroughs and presenting issues, and the ability to clearly articulate audit findings and identify risks and root causes to stakeholders.
- Talent for resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways; you're capable of suggesting different approaches and adapting to changing circumstances.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have CAMS certification.
- You have worked at or adjacent to a crypto-native company.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $95,000 - $117,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.