Member of Technical Staff, Fullstack Engineering
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. With an emphasis on security and usability, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for institutions across the world to participate in crypto. Our team brings together the brightest minds from security, finance, and distributed systems to build the infrastructure of a new financial system. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up!
- Create and maintain shared services and libraries that are used across our entire constellation of micro-services
- Develop functionalities end-to-end (backend and frontend) with a world-class team of Engineers
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You have a deep appreciation for code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- While experience with specific languages isn’t a requirement our stack is:
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, C++ and GraphQL.
- Frontend Tech: ReactJS, Flow, TypeScript, CSS Modules, Jest, and Cypress.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering Methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, container orchestration, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.