Member of Accounting, General Ledger
Full-Time - Remote /
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
We are looking to add a Member of Accounting, General Ledger to our finance team. As our company, revenues, and team continue to grow, we are continuing to add support in order to successfully report across accounting activities. You will be responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, internal crypto, and general ledger accounting. These responsibilities will include month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting. This opportunity will give you exposure to working in a fast-paced start-up environment in a growing and ever-changing industry. We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Accounting, General Ledger role:
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities for multiple legal entities and all digital asset accounts, including from reconciliation through assessment of impairment.
- Record journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and prepare monthly and quarterly equity and payroll expense workpapers for the Company’s payroll and equity-related accounts.
- Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through preparation and review of reconciliations, verifying account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Familiarity of standard payroll reports as well as previous payroll experience.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Blackline, and Carta.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 260, ASC 718, ASC 805, as well as different types of equity awards and equity programs.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Assist in developing and implementing accounting processes for crypto derivatives and loan products.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Prior working knowledge of equity accounting (SBC, financial statement disclosures, etc.).
- Assist in external audit processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data.
- Maintain documentation for accounting team including but not limited to close checklists, tax compliance calendar, quarterly reporting deliverables.
- Support implementation and design of new financial and accounting software and integration tools.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance, as requested.
- A track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability.
- Constantly aware of the strategy of Anchorage and is considered when defining the planning and goals of the team.
- Understands how the company’s priorities relate to their own area of work, and clearly communicates the ‘why’ behind the work.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
Communication and Influence:
- Experience in a combination of audit/financial accounting/technical accounting (at a high-growth, pre-IPO startup).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects.
- A combination of the following: creative, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- CPA, strongly preferred.
- Kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- Experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP, or Oracle.
- Been emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: - €62,000+ salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.