Member of Technical Staff, PlatSec - IT & Security
Full-Time - Remote
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
This role is crucial to supporting the Information Security Program and the IT infrastructure at Anchorage Digital. Examples of major IT projects include:
- Own and automate the on-boarding, role change, and off-boarding processes, including inventory, device deployment, troubleshooting, account provisioning and cleanup.
- Create self-service IT & security reporting, making findings and metrics available for compliance and senior leadership.
- Implement and expand access control policy, according to the principles of least privilege.
As a Member of IT & Security, you will:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for IT questions and requests.
- Manage major IT projects, from conception through resource allocation, execution, and ongoing maintenance.
- Contribute to overarching IT policies, standards, and best practices
- Collaborate with Security & People Teams to deliver relevant training.
- Collaborate with Finance and Engineering to optimize software and equipment costs.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have deep familiarity and a proven track record of employing IT & Security concepts and program management practices, with optional knowledge of first line cybersecurity response.
- Are an IT professional who is interested in expanding your career towards information security.
- Have a passion for being a force multiplier for a fast moving startup company.
- Enjoy creating, automating, and optimizing observable, repeatable, auditable processes.
- Have baseline scripting skills in a language such as python or shell.
- Have baseline log analysis skills.
- Have played a part in cross-functional projects and have experience collaborating with your team, and adjacent teams to solve problems, assist and give training on IT best practices to other team members.
- Have excellent soft skills, including, the ability to adapt communication for both internal and external stakeholders in an effective manner, bridging gaps with empathy and proactive communication.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have any relevant information security certifications.
- You are familiar with audited processes and how to collect evidence.
- You have advanced scripting or programming skills, even if in a personal context.
- You have deep familiarity with any of the following topics: Cloud logging and monitoring, Infrastructure-as-code; terraform, Network traffic analysis and threat hunting, Google Cloud Platform & Google Workspace, Third Party Security Due Diligence, Data center operations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.