Member of Technical Staff, Data Scientist/Quant Researcher
United States /
Data Science /
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Data Science team serves a crucial role in the development of new products and performing critical research functions inside anchorage in support of all growing product lines.
As a Quant Researcher you will:
- Conduct research and development of statistical and quantitative models to support various Anchorage business lines.
- Work with the engineering and data science teams to develop & deploy ideas from start to finish.
- Effectively communicate research work and product designs effectively across organizations and to management.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a background in a quantitative discipline: e.g. Physics, Math, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- Are comfortable using standard data science computing environments: e.g. Python (pandas, numpy, sklearn, pytorch), SQL and cloud computing environments. Having experience with other mathematical computing tools (Julia, Matlab, R) is a plus.
- Understand econometric modeling techniques such as: OLS, WLS, logit, etc.; familiarity in advanced statistical learning techniques and deep learning.
- Have a solid understanding of, or excitement for, probabilistic reasoning and thinking of hard / practical data problems.
Not a hard requirement, but exposure to the following technology is desired:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Docker, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform.
- Data Store: GC Storage, No-SQL, kDB.
About Anchorage Digital - People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.