Member of Product Design Team, UX Researcher
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Design Team designs solutions to questions with no precedent for institutional users. How do we make the experience of sending funds secure, but also highly efficient? How do we balance the human need for privacy with the open and transparent nature of the blockchain? How do clients express their opinion in on-chain proposals with the newest digital assets?
You’ll join a team of designers that are intentional, collaborative, and relentlessly curious, to play a core part in fostering research at our fast-growing company. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of the financial world by defining the way institutions (all over the world) interact with digital assets.
The Member of Product Design Team, UX Researcher at Anchorage Digital develops a deep understanding of the products we build and the problems we solve in order to create new patterns that meld traditional financial workflows with the world of crypto.
As a Member of Product Design Team, UX Researcher, you will:
- Be part of a growing team of talented and motivated designers working with all stages of the design process from discovery to delivery.
- Help our team identify opportunities to better serve our customers, inspire product strategy, and encourage innovative and delightful user experiences.
- Setup the research processes and provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques for the team.
- Understand product roadmaps and be able to translate them into long-term, as well as, short-term research plans.
- Conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative research activities to inform design.
- Guide the transition from insights to action by making recommendations, facilitating ideation, and partnering with stakeholders on the next steps after the research phase.
- Influence the design of a product that is extremely secure, yet incredibly usable.
- Work in an agile environment with an iterative design process, motivated by group critique.
- Uphold a company culture where Design, Product, and Engineering are valued equally.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of design research methodologies including, but not limited to: usability studies, field studies, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, concept validation, user journey maps, benchmarks, scorecards, competitive reviews, and surveys.
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings clearly to influence design and product direction.
- Capacity to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills across disciplines - Product, Engineering, and Design.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to facilitate collaborative sessions.
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of users in the digital assets space.
- A portfolio with examples of work representing research that influenced great insights or experiences.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with financial products.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system (the hiring manager would like to know your favorite song from the musical, if you have one!)
About Anchorage Digital - People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.