KYC Compliance Associate
United States /
Full-Time - Remote
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The KYC Compliance Associate will play a key role in designing, enhancing, and implementing KYC related processes as it relates to the firm’s overall KYC and Enhanced Due Diligence program. They will lead the development of the program through the design of efficient processes and optimization of existing processes and drive projects related to reducing handling operational inefficiencies through automation, machine learning, robotics and other technological advancements. You'll be part of a team with members with diverse backgrounds who possess sound judgment, technical curiosity, and are passionate about collaboration.
As a KYC Compliance Associate, you will:
- Review and enhance the Client Identification Program (CIP)/Client Onboarding escalations process to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Optimize the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) workflow on prospective and existing clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory, sanctions or reputational risk.
- Be the point of contact for the KYC Compliance team for technology initiatives including third party vendors to develop business requirements needed to execute KYC related tasks.
- Create new or update existing desktop manuals and job aids to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide training to employees on KYC related tools, applications, and systemsOwn metric collection and reporting.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Prior experience in AML compliance, securities law, law enforcement, investigative or forensic accounting, or similar background
- Knowledge of AML Tools and ApplicationsA strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions through the use of technology
- Ability to take ownership, work independently, and yet still be team-oriented
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Experience creating dashboards to produce KRIs and KPIs
- Effective interpersonal skills
Although not a requirement, bonus points if you have:
- Experience overseeing and project managing designated KYC prevention and detection environments which include providing feedback to Customer Risk Rating models
- Prior experience building tactical and scalable solutions by leveraging technology solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks
- Prior experience with robotics and automation
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.