Member of Technical Staff, Quantitative Developer
Data Science /
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Data Science team serves a crucial role in the development of new products and performing critical research functions inside anchorage in support of all growing product lines.
The team works directly with the Trading, Lending, Risk teams in developing, deploying and maintaining production systems to support business growth.
As a Quantitative Developer you will:
- Be responsible for working on various aspects of product development, research, deployment and maintenance of data ETL pipelines, models, tooling and infrastructure.
- Develop production software aiding desk level operation as Anchorage expands its financial products, lending and trading business lines.
- Develop core components of data storage, processing infrastructure.
- Take research output to production in the form of tools, models and systems that drive decision making processes.
- Lead the introduction of new tools and systems to improve the overall system.
- Build, improve and maintain core software systems used in desk operations.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You thrive under fast paced environments.
- You are creative, like to find solutions to difficult problems and can think of systems solutions.
- You have experience developing and deploying (financial) software.
Not a hard requirement, but bonus points if:
- You have exposure and understanding of statistical models such as Monte-Carlo approaches or risk management practices (eg. VaR, CVaR).
- You have experience with cloud-based infrastructure config & management tools (eg. GCP, AWS, Azure).
- You have experience with database ETL processing and data tools (eg. Airflow, BigQuery).
- You believe you can turn a seed of an idea into something scalable.
- You have had experience alongside traders on a trading floor, having seen fast turn around product development to satisfy financial client needs.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- Reporting Tech: BigQuery, MySQL, Looker, Julia, Python.
- Backend Tech: Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform,, GCP, REST and GraphQL.
About Anchorage Digital - People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.