Senior Software Engineer (Core Product)
Santa Barbara, California /
Anchore is a company with an important mission: to help teams create and deploy software safely using modern container infrastructure. We operate in a dynamic, fast-growing market segment with a strong belief that Anchore will become the defining technology company for DevSecOps. Our technology is currently in use at major enterprises and the United States Department of Defense.
Founded in Santa Barbara, California, Anchore has expanded rapidly with team members in Colorado, North Carolina, D.C Metro area, as well as remotely throughout the United States (and soon-to-be Europe!) We value kindness, ownership and openness above all else. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of software development and who want to be part of a collaborative team that truly makes a difference.
We’re looking for senior, self-driven engineers well versed in container technologies and building services to help us deliver our core products and open-source projects through services via REST and GraphQL APIs. This is a role for individuals who thrive in a distributed team and enjoy working at a fast pace in a high-trust environment where everyone contributes significantly and directly. We are seeking self-starters who excel at taking projects and features all the way from inception to delivery.
What you can expect to be doing
- Working with product management and the architect to design and develop features for both our commercial products and open-source projects
- Writing quality code for services implementing REST and GraphQL APIs
- Contributing to a scalable distributed-system to deliver high performance container and data analysis functionality that customers must be able to operate themselves
- Working with a highly capable and focused team of experienced systems/infrastructure engineers to deliver on-premises software to users and customers
- Interacting with users and customers directly when needed to understand and design features, triage issues, and collaborate
What you’ll need to bring
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer with a proven record of delivering clear, fast, testable code for production features/systems
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and a drive to learn fast
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with a distributed team including product management, customers, and our open-source community
- Linux background as both a development platform as well as target deployment environment
- Experience with modern infrastructure services (containers, kubernetes, AWS, GKE, etc) in development environments at minimum and ideally in production use
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.