Principal Product Manager
Washington DC-Baltimore Area /
Full Time - Remote
Anchore is a company with an important mission: to help teams create and deploy software safely using modern container infrastructure. We operate in a dynamic, fast-growing market segment with a strong belief that Anchore will become the defining technology company for DevSecOps. Our technology is currently in use at major enterprises and the United States Department of Defense.
Founded in Santa Barbara, California, Anchore has expanded rapidly with team members in Colorado, North Carolina, D.C Metro area, as well as remotely throughout the United States (and soon-to-be Europe!) We value kindness, ownership and openness above all else. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of software development and who want to be part of a collaborative team that truly makes a difference.
As a principal product manager in a start-up, the successful candidate will have to wear many hats and split their time between working with engineering on the product roadmap, with marketing to promote our story, and, most importantly, with customers. This can’t be done without self-awareness and a good sense of humor. What you won’t be is bored: we have a huge range of opportunities so come help us work out which ones we should be pursuing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Building the roadmap for the enterprise product by listening to customers and partners, analyzing the market and working closely with engineering.
- Creating and writing a high volume of documents in Google Docs including: PRDs, competitive analyses, product overviews, and other collateral to help sales and marketing.
- Working with UX teams to build and validate mockups.
- Attending trade and industry shows, partner events and meetups to represent Anchore and present where possible.
- We’re a small team so expect to be doing basic project management and initiative tracking for critical activities.
What You'll Need To Bring
- A track record of 5+ years of doing product management in the security, cloud infrastructure or open source markets. If you are looking to move from a solution architect or software engineering role, that’s fine as long as you have strong domain expertise in one of the above areas.
- Demonstrated writing skills. Every job description says this but we mean it! The proven ability to write concisely, grammatically and lucidly is essential.
- Willingness to travel about 25% of the time, mostly domestic but occasionally internationally, and always in the cheap seats.
- Strong understanding of Linux, containers and open source tooling.
- We are looking for someone based on the East Coast.
What We'd Love To See
- Prior experience working in a small start-up with remote employees
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.