DevSecOps Engineer (Colorado Springs)
Field Services - Engineering
Anchore is on a mission: to enable our customers to deploy software containers with confidence. We allow them to enjoy the benefits of cloud-native application development, safe in the knowledge that the containers they deploy into production are secure and compliant. With that confidence, they can continue to develop and ship software at breakneck speeds.
But that’s not all. We are also on a mission to create the defining technology company in one of today’s hottest technology spaces - cloud-native cybersecurity. As a start-up, we are looking for people who are passionate about building a company that is at the forefront of software innovation by helping customers and users modernize their software development pipelines.
We’re always hiring across the team for all positions, but we urgently need DevSecOps Engineers based in Colorado Springs to help our growing customer base adopt Anchore and develop best practices for creating secure container workflows. We’re looking for people who care passionately and want to have a visible impact on the success of Anchore and our customers.
What you can expect to be doing
- Working onsite with our most important clients addressing the most challenging strategically important software modernization projections underway anywhere.
- Helping software vendors prepare and harden and containerize their software applications prior to production into secure and mission-critical environments.
- Interfacing directly with Anchore’s engineering teams to define and implement critical features sets meeting our customer needs.
- Automating development pipelines whilst ensuring that security and compliance are maintained.
- Help define and implement best practice through the development of policy and compliance rules for software containers.
What you’ll need to bring
- Good practical knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Extensive experience (5+ years) of working with Linux
- Software development experience using Java, Ruby, Go, Python
- Previous experience of working directly alongside customer development teams
- Experience in application integration and modernization is highly desired
- The ability to work unrestricted onsite in Colorado Springs
- The ability to pass necessary background checks
- Excellent communications skills
- Someone who can enhance our company culture built around ‘openness, accountability and kindness.’
What we'd love to see
- Previous experience working within the US Department of Defense
- A passion for people
- Previous start-up experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Maintain a great sense of humour always with a good joke to hand
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.