Professional Services Project Manager
Washington DC-Baltimore Area
Field Services - Engineering
Full Time - Remote
Anchore is on a mission: to enable our customers to deploy software containers with confidence. We allow them to enjoy the benefits of cloud-native application development, safe in the knowledge that the containers they deploy into production are secure and compliant. With that confidence, they can continue to develop and ship software at breakneck speeds.
But that’s not all. We are also on a mission to create the defining technology company in one of today’s hottest technology spaces - cloud-native cybersecurity. As a start-up, we are looking for people who are passionate about building a company that is at the forefront of software innovation by helping customers and users modernize their software development pipelines.
We looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Professional Services team with a specific focus on our large and complex clients in the Federal Market. Within the Federal market, we have made outstanding progress over a short period of time and are already one of a very few organizations whose technology is actually mandated as part of the DoD’s DevSecOps reference design. The role of Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for ensuring that we are building and delivering services capabilities to support our most important client's adoption of Anchore and DevSecOps.
What You'll will be doing
- Develop and manage schedules to deliver technical and consulting services to Anchore's customers
- Manage customer expectations, project scope, and resources needed to successfully deliver to customers’ needs
- Identify resources, staff project whilst maintaining a good understanding of the bench skill-set
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and key stakeholders (e.g., executive team, sales, technical account managers, etc.)
- Establish the appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria; develop project control and reporting procedures and manage changes in operational plans
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Develop a foundational knowledge of Anchore's technologies
- Maintain an awareness of emerging DevSecOps technologies
What You'll need to bring
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies for software
- 5+ years of experience working in a project/delivery management role on IT-based projects
- Experience working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements and how it relates to technology
- Track record of success in professional services or related technology fields
- Knowledge of specific project management and technical delivery methodologies used in the IT industry
- Solid interpersonal, leadership, and analytical skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a remote team as well as on your own; ability to motivate the project team and individual contributors
- Willingness to travel and be on customer sites (20%)
What We'd love to see
- Previous experience working within the US Department of Defense
- An understanding of software development lifecycle, preferably experience in an agile and/or DevOps environment
- A passion for people with experience in a customer facing position
- Previous start-up experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.