Sales Representative (Federal Agencies)
Washington DC-Baltimore Area
Field Services - Sales
Anchore is on a mission: to enable our customers to deploy software containers with confidence. We allow them to enjoy the benefits of cloud-native application development, safe in the knowledge that the containers they deploy into production are secure and compliant. With that confidence, they can continue to develop and ship software at breakneck speeds.
But that’s not all. We are also on a mission to create the defining technology company in one of today’s hottest technology spaces - cloud-native cybersecurity. As a start-up, we are looking for people who are passionate about building a company that is at the forefront of software innovation by helping customers and users modernize their software development pipelines.
Within the Federal market, we have made outstanding progress over a short period of time and are already one of a very few organizations whose technology is actually mandated as part of the DoD’s DevSecOps reference design. The opportunity that we have is unique and we are looking to fill key Sales roles within our Federal business unit to continue to drive this growth.
What You'll be doing
- Finding, developing and closing sales opportunities through a structured sales process
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned agencies
- Creating and executing targeted account plans in concert with partner managers and pre-sales
- Working with channel and alliance partners to increase opportunity size and expedite closure on assigned agencies
- Regularly engage onsite at client facilities
- Demonstrating your understanding of Federal procurement cycles and aligning accounts plans and resources appropriately
- Build and maintain detailed knowledge of Anchore's value proposition, our competitors and the wider eco-system
- Exemplify professionalism and work to become a trusted advisor to customers and partners
What You'd need to bring
- Experience (3+ years) at selling enterprise software solutions into the Federal, State and Local markets
- A successful track record of building and executing account plans in order to meet financial targets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to structure and lead conversations at both a technical and business level
- A great sense of humor and someone who can enhance our company culture built around ‘openness, accountability and kindness.’
- Track record of working with strategic and channel partners to fulfill customer requirements
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative a get things done
What We'd love to see
- Strong existing network
- Experience selling software developer solutions, cloud, cloud-native or cyber security products
- Experience with working for an open-source company would be a plus
- Previous role and understanding of what its like working for a fast paced and dynamic start-up business
- Considered a remote position but with a preference to be based in Northern Virginia
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.