Production Associate - Luray, VA
Luray, Virginia /
Temp to Hire
Andersen is hiring in our Luray facility. We are offering up to a $1,000 New Hire Bonus.
What We Offer!
Competitive wages and benefits
Opportunity for pay increases every 6 months!
13 days paid vacation
New Hire Bonus
Work as part of a team performing a variety of routine tasks to support assembly and production of storm door products. Follow established standard work and work instructions under general supervision. The assembler may work in a variety of workstations such as: lay up; lay in, screw shooter; insert builder, window glazer/builder/catcher/staker; key/build/kitting parts, screen roller; butt hinge assembler; assembly line/operator, and door pusher. This position may also serve as a training role.
1st: 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
2nd: 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
3rd: 10:30 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Pay: $15/hr - $16/hr with $.50 shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards for Safety, Quality, and AMS functions as set by leader and position.
- Perform various assembly or sub-assembly operations. Follow schedule and sequencing of parts. Work includes but is not limited to: assembling, packing, labeling, scanning, matching, sequencing, installing, kitting, bagging, glazing, staking, or punch pressing.
- Work from drawings or specifications. Use fixed gauges or templates to perform work. May require retrieval of parts necessary for completion of work. Responsible for quality and dimensional accuracy. Complete manufacturing documentation. Accurately match product and paperwork.
- Operate simple hand or power tools to modify required material. Make simple and routine adjustments to equipment. Operate punches and basic operations equipment. Handle materials such as lineal, poly, screen cloth, cardboard, wood, glass, vinyl, aluminum, and metal.
- Manufacturing experience preferred. Experience with basic tools preferred. Knowledge of continuous improvement preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak simple sentences required. Must be able to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions and standard work.
- Must be familiar with American units of measurement for weight, distance and time i.e. lbs., inches, etc.
- Basic mathematic skills required.
- Must demonstrate basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform all assembler jobs and rotate as needed.
- Requires performing various production activities on parts and materials weighing up to 50 pounds each. This requires frequent physical lifting, bending, twisting, and repetitive shoulder/arm/hand/wrist/finger motions including gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and bending and sustained repetitive bending of the wrists.
- Must be physically able to stand/walk for eight to ten hours of the work day on a cement floor.
- Ability to use and read tape measure.
Our Values Define Us
They speak to our past and guide our future. They are the foundation of what makes us Andersen.
Excellence: We will build customer trust and loyalty by understanding and caring about exceeding customer expectations for enduring quality and responsiveness.
Integrity: We take pride in our commitment to do the right thing by demonstrating fairness, integrity and high ethical standards in all of our actions.
Innovation: We will uphold our legacy of innovations and embrace change in all areas of our business as a means of attaining and sustaining leadership.
Partnership: We will cultivate successfully relationships with everyone in our business circle and strengthen them through shared values, common goals and active participation.
Corporate Citizenship: We will continue our long-standing commitment to leadership in environmental stewardship and to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.