Production Associate - Bayport and Cottage Grove Radio Ad #1
St. Paul, Minnesota /
Now offering up to a $2,000 New Hire Bonus!
Manufacturing is the heartbeat of the American economy—and hiring good people is crucial to making a great product.
Andersen Corporation, the leading manufacturer of windows and patio doors, is looking for production associates to join our growing team at the Bayport, MN and Cottage Grove, MN plant!
Andersen offers both full time and seasonal positions depending on business conditions and relevant work experience.
Why We’re Different
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build—with our customers, our communities and each other—we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
“I wanted to work with a company that had a reputation for quality and trust. The culture, the people-first mentality, giving back opportunities, and work-life balance…[we get] big-company support with a family-run-business feel.”
Andersen’s culture is vastly different from other companies. We promote our employee’s happiness in all areas of their lives. We know that happiness and positivity drive business results and we are dedicated to making sure your wellness comes first.
- Have a strong sense of accountability—and an equally strong sense of teamwork
- Be able to work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies. Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
- Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Follow defined clean-up times.
- Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
- Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT) and other material handling equipment as required.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
- Participate in defining and improving standard work
- Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors.
- Support a respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base pay: Wage is $19/hr -$22.66/hr + 9% shift differential on third shift
- Generous benefits, profit sharing, and retirement plans
- Fit for Work Program
- A chance to help people transform their homes and their lives
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
- Dependability and punctuality
- Desire to learn skills on the job in a fast-paced environment
Our Values Define Us
They speak to our past and guide our future. They are the foundation of what makes us Andersen.
Excellence: We will build customer trust and loyalty by understanding and caring about exceeding customer expectations for enduring quality and responsiveness.
Integrity: We take pride in our commitment to do the right thing by demonstrating fairness, integrity and high ethical standards in all of our actions.
Innovation: We will uphold our legacy of innovations and embrace change in all areas of our business as a means of attaining and sustaining leadership.
Partnership: We will cultivate successfully relationships with everyone in our business circle and strengthen them through shared values, common goals and active participation.
Corporate Citizenship: We will continue our long-standing commitment to leadership in environmental stewardship and to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.