Senior Software Engineer - Java / Kotlin (remote)
Charlotte, NC /
Thanks for your interest in joining our team here at Anduin! Below is a description of the role we're looking to fill—if you think this is a good fit for you, please apply and we'll get back to you asap! In the meantime, please check out our About webpage to learn about our team, platform origin story, and our company values. You can also find recent media coverage and the latest product news on our Blog.
Who are we and what do we do?
We’re a team of interdisciplinary do-ers who’ve come together to solve long-overlooked invoicing and payment problems in the accounting industry. At accounting firms, the process by which a firm prepares and sends a bill to clients and then collects payment from clients is called the “work-to-cash" cycle. And for most firms this process is slow, manual, offline, ungoverned, costly, and frustrating (for staff and for clients). Our mission is to reinvent an easier, faster, smarter work-to-cash cycle to help accounting firms save time, speed up cash flow, and deliver a superior client experience through our Intelligence-Based BillingTM platform.
Who are You?
You are a builder, with a strong dislike for simply maintaining legacy software. You are passionate about learning new technologies and applying them to build creative solutions that solve customer problems. You find yourself moving faster than those around you. You are opinionated, in regard to both software design and product requirements. You require autonomy, and feel strong ownership for your work. You are a natural mentor, and recognize that collaboration and knowledge sharing are keys to success. You thrive in an environment that welcomes debate and encourages a “logic wins the day” mentality, where the best ideas are the right ideas.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Anduin, you will take part in an exciting opportunity to work on a Greenfield-project. You won’t just be one developer amongst many, responsible for a small aspect of a larger application. Instead, you will be a high-impact member of a new development team, striving to deliver a brand new solution in a fast-paced startup environment. You won’t just write code; you will influence architecture, technology selection, and development processes. We welcome team members that are naturally curious and willing to challenge the status quo.
What Will You Do?
1. Build - Speed is of the essence. We will iterate quickly
2. Learn - As a member of a smaller development team, the ability to wear different hats and work across the technology stack is imperative to success
3. Lead - You will have full ownership of your projects from beginning to end, whether it’s an individual effort or a project supplemented with additional resources
What We Need:
1. High competency with Java / Spring Boot, or Kotlin
2. Experience within the accounting industry, ideally designing and building double entry accounting systems
3. Experience running systems at scale, and facing all of the inherent challenges
4. Experience with microservice-based architecture and message distribution strategies
5. Experience with relational databases and performance optimization strategies
6. Experience with OOP and software design principles
7. Ability to develop software that meets our architectural requirements
8. Demonstrated track record of learning and applying new technologies at a high level
9. Aptitude for identifying the simplest solution to a complex problem
What We Prefer:
1. Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes
2. Experience with Google Cloud
3. Leadership and/or mentorship experience at the project level
4. Prior experience in an Agile environment
Why work at Anduin?
The big-picture value proposition of this role is simple: join us, and you'll be paid competitively to have freedom in solving worthwhile, challenging problems alongside other A-players at a fast-growing SaaS startup led by an experienced and successful cofounding team with industry experience. Other benefits include:
• Remote, work-from-anywhere culture
• Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and stock options
• 401(k) matching
• Free “Anduin blend” coffee—as much as you can drink :)
Anduin is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.