Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own hardware design from initial requirements through handoff to full production.
- Work on designs that involve the tight integration of complex thermal solutions, RF hardware, PCBAs, and cabling.
- Prototype rapidly in order to find issues quickly and develop a final product on compressed timelines.
- Support critical customer facing hardware demonstrations and use these interactions to better understand the customers’ requirements.
- Travel to test sites as needed.
- Experience in an immersive technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings)
- 2+ years of mechanical experience in a professional setting
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawings that meet common industry standards
- Demonstrated hands-on fabrication skills and ability to root-cause and adapt quickly to manufacturing issues
- High competence with, and fluid use of, engineering first principles
- Experience with integration of PCBAs and other electronics into a mechanical system
- BSME, MS or PhD in a related engineering field
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Ability to get security Clearance
- Experience in NX/Solidworks/Teamcenter
- Experience with designing passive and active thermal management into mechanical designs
- Experience with designing hardware with EMI constraints
- Experience with designing parts for various manufacturing methods such as machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
- Experience working closely with electrical engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers
$88,000 - $168,000 a year
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!