Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Manufacturing and Operations – Manufacturing Engineering* /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Manufacturing team is seeking an Industrial Engineer to join our team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground equipment, sensors, undersea, and flight vehicles.
As an Industrial Engineer, you will have responsibility for optimizing Anduril’s manufacturing operations for best-in-class quality, reliability, speed, and asset utilization, all while meeting critical customer deployment and internal development timelines. The Industrial Engineer will be instrumental in taking a data-driven approach to designing production lines and associated manufacturing processes to meet these objectives. Executing on this responsibility will entail active collaboration with other Anduril teams, including but not limited to Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, and Business Operations.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on solving operational challenges with creative solutions in a fast-paced, resource-limited environment. This person will be flexible to provide support wherever needed to ensure products are built and shipped under stringent quality standards. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the metrics, KPIs, and reporting associated with monitoring production line health and efficiency, such as cycle time, throughput rate, capacity, utilization, first pass yield, cycle time, and all Quality metrics
- Produce and maintain tools and reports to communicate the health of manufacturing operations across products both to Manufacturing leads and across the organization
- Own the design of new production lines and work station layouts, both for low rate and full-rate production, leveraging a data-driven approach using tools such as Value Stream Mapping/ Process Mapping/ Line Balancing techniques
- Proactively identify imbalances and bottlenecks caused by line layout, parts shortages, staffing shortages, and other production constraints; flag constraints with the appropriate owners across Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality and drive to resolution
- Own the reporting and analysis of manufacturing health and ensure that stakeholders have the inputs they need to make decisions across Engineering (cut-in dates for new designs), Supply Chain (signals on what to buy), Manufacturing (signals on being clear-to-build and what to build), and Growth (supply overview to drive customer contracts)
- 2+ years past experience in a high-rate manufacturing environment in either a production or supply chain-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built with heavy data utilization
- Demonstrated ability to completely own a value chain from start to finish, coordinating among multiple different internal and external parties to achieve on-time deliveries under stringent quality standards
- Prior knowledge and interaction with a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for production operations
- Prior knowledge of NetSuite or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles/implementation
- Subject matter expert in material flow systems
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to take on substantial responsibility across manufacturing, engineering, and operations functions with a bias towards speed and accuracy
- Strong technical ability to read technical documentation such as drawings and CAD data, understanding of a variety of hardware manufacturing processes for both electronics (PCBAs, sensor hardware, etc.) and structures, mechanical components, and electromechanical systems
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and other spreadsheet applications
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience interacting with SQL databases - storage of information and building custom queries for tracking production and inventory-related metrics
- Experience with production simulation software (Siemens/PlantSim/ProcessSim)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in industrial, mechanical/aerospace/manufacturing, electrical, or computer engineering
- 4+ years past experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in either a production or supply chain-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built
$100,000 - $186,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!