Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (AUVs) - Maritime (Fall/Winter Co-Op)
Quincy, MA /
Anduril - Maritime – Maritime - Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Maritime (formally Dive Technologies) is developing and manufacturing the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of roughly 25 engineers eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Co-op to help us design, build, and test novel AUVs.
- Design and prototype AUV systems, Subsystems, and Mechanisms
- Process redlines to existing hardware systems
- Improve DFM/A of existing designs to reduce cost and time to manufacture
- Perform subsystem and system testing (including AUV operations)
- Design and fabrication of novel payloads and subsystems for AUV integration
- Travel to test sites as needed
- Desire to work in a fast paced, high growth, dynamic company
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Capable of working with remote teams
- Experience designing and fabricating parts using traditional and additive manufacturing techniques
- Experience with CAD (parts, assemblies, and drawings)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- SolidWorks Experience
- Experience with subsea robotics
- Experience working offshore
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you.