Senior Flight Test Associate
Pendleton, Oregon /
Anduril - Test and Evaluation – Flight Test* /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril we are developing unmanned aerial systems capable of terminal guidance, long range intelligence collection, precision relative and global navigation, and unsupervised autonomy. The Test Engineering team works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, cUAS and our other platforms. As a Test Associate, you will support the development and testing of Anduril’s Unmanned Aerial System products. In this position your primary function will be target drone operator and supporting the engineering team onsite.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Operate and fly target drones (highly focused on larger group 3 sized aircraft but also various quad-rotor and fixed wing group 1 and 2 sized (example: DJI Phantom 4 and Opterra fixed wing) for test engineering
- Build, assemble and program autonomous flight for drones
- Help our Test Engineers with a variety of operational tasks that enable engineering, such as flight execution, material prep, or supporting test profiles by participating in our demonstrations
- Assist in sourcing components and airframes for testing against our cUAS system.
- Build, maintain, and fly new and existing VTOL, Fixed Wing, and rotary wing aircraft
- Work with engineering to provide flight support for the cUAS system, this includes waypoint planning, and managing the suite of air vehicles that are available for use.
- Pilot aircraft via waypoint navigation and manual control
- Serve as an extra hand for product installations at our test site as needed
- Help our Site Manager and onsite team maintain the site, including manage the office supplies, cleanliness, inventory management and equipment maintenance
- Travel to various test sites and offices depending on testing requirements and team needs
- RC pilot experience on both rotary and fixed wing
- FAA part 107 certificate
- Highly experienced with Pixhawk, PX4 and other flight controllers, including setup and operations
- Experience with large UAV operations (55+ lbs)
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate small unmanned aircraft
- Ability to travel 50+% of the time
- Significant knowledge and understanding of National Airspace regulations and operating restrictions
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to own a variety of tasks in an autonomous environment
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Strong customer service mentality
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift 50 lbs overhead without support
- GED or higher
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance
$28 - $37 an hour
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!