Senior Structures Design Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Hardware – Sentry Tower Hardware and Production /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The engineer hired for this role will take full ownership over the Sentry Tower Structure including development, production support, and field sustainment. They will be responsible for developing changes and upgrades to the existing structural baseline, as well as leading the development of a variety of future versions of the tower structure. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys interesting technical challenges and creative problem solving.
- Identify and implement new design changes to the baseline Sentry Tower structure
- Work closely with Suppliers on cost, lead time and manufacturability of parts and products
- Dive into initial analysis and collaborate with broader analysis team to identify and correct issues
- Analyze deployment restrictions and apply appropriate changes to the product
- Address current and future fatigue issues
- Work with Field Service teams and Business Development teams to ensure times lines are being met
- 6+ years as a Structural Design Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineer field
- Extensive Experience in DFM for low to moderate volumes
- Hands on experience with extrusion, die casting, gravity casting and sheet metal
- Experience architecting systems to survive high winds and extreme temperature changes
- Experience in a fast paced development environment
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.