Manager of Engineering Test
Irvine, CA /
Hardware – Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
- Staff and lead an interdisciplinary team capable of executing static, dynamic, fatigue, thermal and vibration testing
- Test items ranging from small integrated electronics systems to aircraft fuselages
- Select and maintain equipment needed including thermal chambers, vibration tables, data acquisition systems and structural testing equipment
- Lead design reviews, run analysis, visit vendors, define and execute hardware test plans
- Build test equipment, analyze failures and execute qualification campaigns
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed
- Travel to test sites as needed
- 10+ years of professional experience, 5+ years leading a team
- Experience in an immersive interdisciplinary technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings)
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawings that meet common industry standards
- Demonstrated hands on fabrication skills
- High competence with and fluid use of engineering first principles
- BS, Meng, MS or PhD in an engineering discipline
- Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
- Knowledge of scripting language to develop automation. Python, Matlab, PERL or SHELL etc…
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.)
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
As an employee at an aggressively growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve problems with the resources needed to win. In a rich environment like this your individual growth is only limited by your own individual potential.
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!