Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Internal Operations – Communications* /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s communications team is responsible for shaping and driving Anduril’s narrative globally and ensuring our employees stay connected to and inspired by our mission. We’re looking for an Senior Manager, Internal Communications to join our team. As a the Senior Manager, Internal Communications you will work closely with the Head of Communications and broader communications team to develop and execute on overall communications strategies to elevate the reach and visibility of Anduril stories internally.
In this role you’ll lead internal communications by establishing and managing internal communications channels, oversee the planning and execution of internal events, and keep a pulse on everything that is happening in the organization.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a fast-paced environment and you’ll need to be able to manage multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative, able to make the leap from information to insight and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. You’re succinct - able to keep complex things simple; and a big picture thinker with a detail-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgment.
What You'll Do
- Manage and execute the overall strategies, campaigns and tactics to inform, engage and inspire Anduril team members
- Define goals and KPIs for internal communications initiatives, track results
- Create strategies and frameworks for how Anduril communicates and cascades information through the organization in the US and globally
- Work with the Head of Communications and other c-suite leaders to plan, craft and implement organization-wide communications on their behalf
- Coach and empower the organization’s leaders to be strong internal communicators, understanding their objectives and identifying communications strategies to help them achieve their team-wide objectives
- Oversee the employee intranet, keeping it up to date and working cross functionality with other stakeholders on content creation.
- Develop written materials and visual assets such as emails, newsletters, internal websites, presentations, and talking points for leaders
- Keep a pulse point on opportunities to amplify and share stories across various channels
- Lead planning and execution for strategic internal communications events including monthly company all hands.
- Collaborate with designers to develop visually compelling content for internal campaigns.
- Work with external partners supporting our give back initiatives helping to engage our employees base with philanthropic opportunities.
Who You'll Work With
- Executive Leadership
- People Operations, People Partners, and Recruiting teams
- Event and IT/AV teams
- Design and Creative teams
What It Takes
- 5-7 years of experience in communications, public relations, employee relations; with a focus on internal a plus
- Ability to work across mediums, including slide creation, visual design, videos, etc.
- Experience planning and executing events
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
- Highly organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- BS/BA in Communications or PR-related field or equivalent experience
$140,000 - $210,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!