Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Rocket Motors Systems - Operations – Rocket Motor Systems - Operations /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing the best technology talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in electromechanical hardware, artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of our defense force customers. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Engineer joining our team will support the development and implementation of EHS efforts. They will work with diverse groups both internal and external to protect what matters most.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Champion Safety and Environmental initiatives to drive our mission of safer and more connected from start to finish
- Coordinate with and serve as the main point of contact for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., DEQ, EPA)
- Establish and maintain compliance with the EPA’s RMP program
- Establish and maintain adherence to waste management protocols
- Develop safety procedures, permits, and reports
- Identify improvement opportunities through risk assessment, incident trend analysis, and the development, performing, and documentation of safety inspections and safety performance field assessments
- Assist with environmental and safety compliance audits and follow through with corrective actions
- Other similar activities, as opportunities arise
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or a related field of study
- 3+ years of experience implementing and overseeing EHS programs within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections of all aspects of EHS
- Strong current knowledge of local, state, and federal EHS regulations or proven ability to quickly learn such material
- Experience obtaining local, state, and federal environmental permits
- Experience with hazard communication and incident investigations
- Experience with MS Office
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience working at a PSM/RMP regulated facility
- Experience with EPA, OSHA, DEQ, and ISO 14001 and/or 45001
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!