Senior Sourcing Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Manufacturing and Operations – Supply Chain /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies.
The Sourcing Engineer drives the strategic supply network development and cost management of Anduril’s product hardware, across their lifecycles, by collaborating with suppliers and cross-functionally, including folks in engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conduct supplier selection for a specific product, leveraging our approved supplier list
- Partner with strategic suppliers to accelerate product development via activities such as:
- Concept scoping to quickly solidify requirements
- Feature trade-off / trade tables
- Should cost / Clean sheet models
- Joint design development, via clear statements of work
- Simulation of mechanical & electronics designs
- Drive the development and consolidation of a manufacturing BOM, working with Quality & Manufacturing, to ramp production internally and with our suppliers with high flexibility
- Accountable for all NPI component procurement, on-time and correctly, to scale
- Manage the CAPEX throughout NPI
- Conduct value-stream mapping to optimize supply network lead time and flexibility
- Complete the BOM risk assessment, include alternate component sourcing, etc.
- Ensure completion of all component qualifications, ahead of production
- Reduce complexity: commonality optimization & component/supplier rationalization
- Lead all cost engineering activities to converge the bottoms-up cost curve to product cost, maximizing the total cost of ownership (TCO) across the product lifecycle
- Manage ad-hoc cost issues e.g., tariffs / import export cost, and cost inflation
- 7+ years of experience, ideally has background within:
- Design & development of electronics and/or mechanical devices
- Advanced sourcing activities, including stints as commodity/sourcing managers
- Supplier development (technology, process, supply chain, etc.)
- Early supplier engagement, ahead of product/engineering requirement realization
- Domain expertise must include value/procurement engineering or TCO-related work at the component & product level.
- Familiarity with developing high-tech products in a high-mix, low-volume environment
- Some exposure working in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA strongly preferred
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!