Senior Software Engineer - Flight Controls
Irvine, CA /
At Anduril we are developing unmanned aerial systems capable of terminal guidance, long range intelligence collection, precision relative and global navigation, and unsupervised autonomy. Ghost, Anvil, and other developmental UAS platforms are built to operate in remote environments with limited user input, driving requirements for reliability and autonomy. We have developed an autonomy stack that receives user intent, responds to detections processed at the edge, and coordinates flight patterns for groups of assets, and are looking for successful software engineers to carry this forward onto new cutting edge platforms, working in tandem with aircraft design teams to inform platform architecture.
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience interfacing with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong C++ experience in a Linux development environment
- Strong familiarity with autopilot, navigation, and communications systems
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Experience integrating avionics in redundant flight critical systems
- Experience with embedded communications protocols such as: CANbus, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, IEEE TSN
- Prior experience with open source flight control software such as PX4
- Multi-agent coordination of UAVs
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.