Systems Quality Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Products and Programs – Quality /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Quality organization is seeking a Systems Quality Engineer to join our team. The Quality team works with our customers, internal teams, and suppliers to ensure the deployment of reliable products that meet all mission requirements. We develop cutting-edge Quality processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Systems Quality Engineer you will work inside and outside the organization to define and execute scalable processes that deliver reliable products. The right person for this role has extensive knowledge in Quality Management System (QMS) standards, data analysis, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who loves to build world-class Quality processes, work hands-on, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the execution of the QMS and its top-level processes. Define and improve required documentation and activities. Work across the organization to define and execute requirements.
- Integrate acquisitions and new sites into the scope of the QMS.
- Some overnight domestic and international travel is required to visit other sites (10%)
- Communicate with external interested parties.
- Define and manage the execution of various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including data collection and analysis.
- Manage the QMS internal auditor process and participate as an internal auditor.
- Facilitate calibration activities across the company.
- Identify and implement cutting-edge practices that improve the QMS and product quality.
- Support investigations, initiatives, and projects as needed, at the team or organization level.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years of experience in hardware manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of QMS requirements and auditing in a complex hardware environment, in one or more of the following QMS standards: ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D, AS9110C, AS9120B, IATF 16949:2016, ISO 13485:2016, TL 9000 R6.3.
- Working knowledge of design and manufacturing processes, including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Business Intelligence (BI) systems.
- Experience communicating with all levels of an industrial organization and external parties.
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability to drive projects from start to completion.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- AAB certification as an AS9100 aerospace auditor.
- One or more American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications: CQE, CRE, CMQ/OE, CMDA, CQA
- Experience with low volume manufacturing.
- International experience.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!