Quincy, MA /
Anduril - Maritime – Maritime - Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Anduril is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work within a dynamic team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design, integration, and test efforts
- Perform mechanical engineering system development, analysis, and prototyping to solve challenging subsea design issues and validate new designs for use in the Dive-LD platform
- Design high-reliability mechanisms for subsea applications
- Perform research into vehicle design for extended subsea exposure
- Perform AUV, subsystem, and 3rd party component integration, test, and debug
- Create and implement redlines from integration and test phases
- Optionally conduct offshore AUV testing (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Practical and theoretical experience in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years designing, testing, and debugging mechanical systems
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Hands-on system build and test experience
- Experience working in fast paced, high growth, dynamic companies
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- 2+ years working with subsea mechanical systems with a thorough understanding of the ocean environment including the effects of exposure to seawater, pressure, and temperature
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience designing and operating equipment lifting and rigging for at sea operations
- Experience with structural, thermal, or flow analysis and simulations
- Experience in rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing technologies
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!