Business Development Director - MSI
Washington, DC /
Anduril - Sales and Marketing – Business Development /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking a Director of Business Development and Capture for the Air Force under their Mission Systems Integrator (MSI) business to help with rapid growth initiatives with the Air Force. This individual will be a key member of the strategy team and will be working directly with engineers and business development professionals in a highly entrepreneurial “roll your sleeves up” environment. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader who has managed complex programs with the Department of Defense – ideally with experience with 5th generation platforms. This leader should be a builder and someone who is adaptive and who can lead new and innovative approaches to market. They should know target customers across the Air Force aviation community and have an intimate understanding of government contracting.
The successful candidate will ideally have strong connections within PEOs and Air Force accounts in addition to experience working with classified and/or special access programs. This candidate will serve as the senior leader for programs within the business portfolio, including maintaining customer relationships, monitoring performance, and meeting contractual obligations. This leader likely has experience working in and/or with the Aerospace & Defense contractor community and will bring this domain experience along with the right cultural fit to make an immediate impact. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and creative environment. Anduril is seeking a pioneer who is comfortable with navigating ambiguity and can work effectively in a start-up culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead large capture campaign.
- Grow Anduril’s portfolio within the U.S. Air Force’s aviation community.
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to the leadership team regarding business investments and priorities.
- Develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers.
- Assist the customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in relevant defense sectors.
- Drive seamless integration across the sector. Foster a culture of trust, open communications, customer focus, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintains effective working relationships with customers to identify new business opportunities, proactively communicate and resolve program issues, and provide strategic direction to program teams.
- Lead initiatives that move the organization forward, contributing to business / financial performance.
- Deliver on financial performance commitments and strategic market growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Program Management, acquisitions or business development / capture experience in the government and/or private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant DoD Programs and platforms, related enabling technologies, systems integration, communications, software development.
- Demonstrated experience leading major acquisition programs directly with DoD or leading significant capture campaigns for a private sector defense company.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community.
- Demonstrated success in leading and scaling a business for the DoD, or the U.S. Air Force in the $100M range
- Prior military experience in Air Force (ideally F-35 or F-22) pilot community and/or extensive knowledge of government contracting and relevant Program Executive Offices (PEOs). The ideal candidate will have worked with the leadership in Air Force Life Cycle Management Center.
- Demonstrated high-energy leader who will drive performance and exhibit strong management skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage a significant team of engineers, operations managers, and capture/business development professionals.
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- An engineering degree is preferred but not essential.
- Candidate must have a TS//SCI level clearance to be considered.
Mission Systems Integrator (MSI) is one of Anduril’s Business Lines and is focused on positioning Anduril as a lead provider of autonomy capability for multi-domain platforms. We work with customers to understand their requirements, shape their concepts of operation, and scale capability across their problem set. We aim to develop and deploy critically needed capabilities to our government partners and customers.
This position would ideally be based in Dayton, Ohio or the Washington DC area.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you.