Product Security Engineer (Linux Systems)
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Internal Operations – Information Security /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We've assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We're seeking an product security engineer to develop novel security tooling, discover vulnerabilities, and ultimately secure our suite of advanced technologies including artificial intelligence systems, command and control platforms, aerospace vehicles, and long range sensors.
The ideal candidate has a background in software or systems engineering with a focus on platform security, or has pivoted to a product or application security role. They will be able to conduct complex security architecture reviews, research and mitigate exploits against hardware and software, and work with other engineering teams to build resiliency into our products.
- Owns the development and maturation of Linux-focused security tooling
- Collaborates and builds solutions with engineering teams to meet and exceed industry-standard security goals
- Simulates attacks against Anduril’s products and integrated components to uncover potential weaknesses
- Collaborates with manufacturing and operations teams to develop secure handling and operational processes
- Engages with teams to remediate uncovered weakness in designs, implementations, integrations, and processes
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Golang, Python, Rust)
- Interest and willingness to work with NixOS
- Experience developing features for and improving security of firmware, applications, network, or embedded systems
- Experience building, testing, and delivering production-ready software or systems, especially in a Linux environment
- Strong and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Excels at the above listed Requirements
- Familiarity with security architectures of ground, aerospace, or cyber-physical systems
- Experience with NixOS
- Familiarity with anti-tamper and anti-reverse engineering mechanisms
- Experience conducting automated analysis of software and systems with various scanning tools
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!