Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Manufacturing and Operations – Manufacturing /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Manufacturing team is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground equipment, and flight vehicles. This responsibility includes everything in the manufacturing value-chain, including, but not limited to, Design for Manufacturability work, tool design & selection, process creation & optimization, vendor sourcing & interaction, quality planning, and work documentation associated with the hardware that the Manufacturing Engineer owns.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on solving a technical challenge with a creative, physical, solution that they either personally manufacturing or oversaw manufacturing on, in a fast-paced, resource-limited environment. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
- Own the entire manufacturing value chain for a certain product or products
- Develop novel tooling solutions for fabrication and assembly of structural parts
- Develop process flows, breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes
- Write documentation required for successfully manufacturing their hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Build out standards and procedures to be shared across teams
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building prototype hardware
- Lead Design for Manufacturability reviews
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design
- Travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver mechanical and/or electrical hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated in-kind or direct team leadership skills, with backing examples
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabricating, assembly, etc.) Work on personal or extracurricular projects
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning
- Travel up to 30%
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous flight vehicles
- Tool design for composite (lamination, trimming, bonding) or metallic (stamping, machining) structures
- Software scripting experience in any language