Software Engineer - Mapping
Seattle, WA /
Software – Software Product /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Lattice software platform integrates together many sensors into a single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users. Anduril is seeking an experienced developer to join the core Maps group that is a centerpiece of the Anduril Lattice platform. With our focus on defense and national security, Maps play a critical role on the platform to ensure that front-line decision makers and robotic systems have the best information about their environment available. The technologies that back our Maps services must be reliable and operate correctly across a variety of hosting environments, serving heterogenous data sources that cover our mission needs, and provide the information that is needed across all domains. You will be building infrastructure that humans and robots will depend upon to understand and interact with the world.
In this role you will be a partner with many other parties to define and execute on the Maps roadmap. You will also work closely with operators, customers, and account leads to understand how our platform is used, to help identify gaps in our offering, build a plan, and then execute.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with many opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers. This is an opportunity to join a small and talented team to help make the Anduril Maps experience a world class offering for our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full lifecycle development of mapping software products from problem discovery to solution delivery, including pipelines for map data and service of data in offline or intermittently-connected environments.
- Contribute to the technical architecture within your engineering group and collaborate on adjacent groups’ work to deliver capabilities.
- Engage and iterate with hardware and software groups across Anduril who use geospatial data to fulfill diverse mission requirements.
- Grow the team’s impact by mentoring and coaching teammates.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience with technologies related to the task
- Experience processing and handling large volumes of data, possibly terabytes at a time
- Demonstrated ability to design and build scalable software solutions
- Experience with SQL and other database technologies
- Experience with high performance data processing pipelines in C++, Python, and other languages
- Experience profiling performance of CPU, disk, and network processes and an understanding of where tradeoffs can be made to optimize the end-to-end experience
- Experience in a flexible work environment with coworkers and customers around the world
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience
- A passion for sharing learning and knowledge, being a mentor to your colleagues
- Experience architecting large-scale data systems from the ground up
- Experience in Geospatial or GIS fields
- Experience with QGIS, GDAL, or other GIS tools
- Experience defining and creating high-performance, high-reliability development processes
- Experience building deployment pipelines for software and data
- A desire to wrangle chaos into order
- A willingness to travel to customer sites to interact with the users and see the systems in use
$160,000 - $240,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!