Forge Senior Software Product Manager
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Internal Operations – Business Systems /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. We provide warfighters with advanced technologies and assist them in executing their mission, wherever that may be and within rapidly evolving operational environments. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and robotics to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our Allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense. The Arsenal team is responsible for building and improve the many business systems that enables Anduril to accomplish its mission. Anduril’s supply chain, accounting, sales & growth, field maintenance, manufacturing, and many more teams rely on the technology built by Arsenal. We work across the company to ensure we have the tools and capabilities necessary for mission success.
As the Product Manager for our Forge Platform, you will be responsible for Arsenal’s unique workflow software that enables excellence for our manufacturing, quality, field operations, and other teams. You will be responsible for:
- Developing the roadmap for Forge’s modules
- Managing stakeholders’ requirements (Manufacturing, Hardware Product Management, Quality, Logistics, etc.) and synthetizing them into a prioritized backlog
- Communicating across stakeholders and interested parties on Forge’s development and roadmap
- Integrating Forge with surrounding business applications and ensuring total compatibility with data models across systems
- Driving adoption and enablement of Forge across operations and business teams
- Aligning Forge’s roadmap against targeted business outcomes
- Monitoring and tracking user adoption and product performance to understand if business outcomes are indeed successful
- You can “see around the corner'” for your product, crafting the vision, high-level roadmap, and critical dependencies for 12-18 months into the future. You constantly engage with stakeholders to solicit input and buy-in, proactively communicating product goals and managing expectations for delivery. You escalate large trade offs and necessary decision points as needed. You work effectively with many internal teams to synthesize their needs but are never afraid to make important decisions as the owner of your product.
Problem discovery and Solution Generation
- You will identify potential features that will accelerate Anduril’s goals, increase our ability to quickly scale, and create an excellent user experience. To do this, you will seek out real-world context in the form of onsite user research, internal expert feedback, existing product data, and industry tech investigation. You will capture core workflows and translate these user needs into well-scoped requirements and success hypotheses.
- You lead with data - defining and monitoring key metrics to measure success and prove out or disprove hypotheses. You author problem statements, product hypotheses and roadmaps with conviction, and honestly and regularly revisit to ensure we are meeting the mission needs. No one knows more than you on how the product works, both functionally from a user perspective or technically from an engineer’s perspective.
- You will set clear outcomes for your portfolio in partnership with your engineering, design, and business partners. You will support team structures that allow prioritization of competing work within rapid development cycles. You consistently your team flex to adapt goals when needed, based on new information.
- You work hands-on to deliver new capabilities across the lifecycle of the product, from initial release and onboarding, through day-to-day improvements. You will validate and experiment along the way, acting as the voice of the user throughout.
- Five to seven years in software product development, with at least two years specifically building workflow software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance requirements across engineering, design, data, and business stakeholders
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical comfort
- Demonstrated success decomposing a problem into addressable component parts and arranging the correct sequencing
- Proven ability to “see around corners” by crafting product strategy for 12-18 months into the future
- Comfort in maturing a product from MVP to enterprise-grade production
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Manufacturing domain familiarity through industry or education
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!