RF Test Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Test and Evaluation – Flight Test /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Test Engineering team works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, cUAS and our other platforms. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new aircraft development, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test, we support it. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collect test data and perform initial data analysis for the system under test
- Work closely with Engineering to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations
- Conduct ground and flight testing at private and government-owned test ranges
- Work closely with Engineering to conduct lab testing in Anduril’s RF anechoic chamber
- Track the status of test issues and observations, and work cross-functionally to establish priorities for issue resolution
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years professional experience
- Ability to travel as required for planning and testing.
- Working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expansive knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level; or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- An active security clearance
- Experience with software-defined radio based systems
- Experience testing complex RF based hardware and software solutions
- Experience operating RF links, antennas, and amplifiers
- Familiarity with RF Test Equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.)
- Experience using linux
- Experience developing test software and test scripts to analyze complex data and display in an easy to digest format
- FAA Part 107 certification
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you.