Lead System Architect
Washington, DC or Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Products and Programs – Architecture /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Mission Systems Integration team is seeking a Lead System Architect to join our team. The Mission Systems Integration team compiles current Anduril and External technologies to deliver cutting edge capabilities to meet warfighters needs.
As a Lead Systems Architect, you will assist in developing the system CONOP and deriving that into a system architecture to meet those CONOPs; ensuring the survivability of a warfighting asset while completing its mission. The right person for this role has experience with warfighter integration, network security, JSIG, and systems engineering. If you are someone who thrives on finding logical solutions for complex problems and can communicate those solutions with a large team, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the program director, principal engineer, and customer to distill a CONOP and identify leading drivers of success
- Define the architecture topology that best meets the CONOP and understand key trades that are made through simulation and/or exploratory prototyping techniques. This includes but is not limited to developing accurate models to direct design of various vehicle subsystems (e.g, sensing, compute, communications, data storage, network security at scale, etc.)
- Select components and subsystems for a complex community of group 5 UAVs that will meet the balance of cost, schedule, and performance of a rapid prototyping effort with a fast-approaching deadline
- Prioritize and develop clear engineering strategies and accompanied resource plans. This is achieved by creating meaningful abstraction between sub-systems to guide engineering development efforts at scale and speed
- Develop an architecture plan with MOSA, OMS, and UCI in mind ensuring compliance with Open Systems Architecture standards
- Ensure system design will meet software assurance requirements and account for JSIG risk management framework
- Create and carry out a validation plan for the end-to-end system
- BS/MS in Network Engineer, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of previous work on systems architecture of commercial drones or UAVs or equivalent relevant experience driving complex system of systems integration
- Previous work on JSIG and associated network security requirements
- Leadership experience working with large teams for complex systems
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience prototyping and fielding complex systems with multiple external stakeholders
- Rapid system requirement derivation, system development, and system val/ver experience
- Must Possess and maintain U.S. Secret Security Clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!