Sensing Systems Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Electrical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril, we rely heavily upon a network of sensors to drive critical product infrastructure. From imaging to radar sensors, you’ll provide the fundamental component to the way our products are able perceive the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- In this role you will help take products from early concepts to reality--Playing a critical role in product architecture, design, integration, optimization, & lifecycle support, with special consideration to the sensing systems and architecture our products employ
- Identify key sensor technologies to address current and future product needs; work with product leads to distill impactful sensing capabilities
- Writing fast and functional code to perform sensor integration that is reliable and robust
- Integrate sensor nodes into the larger Anduril software stack
- Drive the vertical integration, and optimization of sensor system for a continually evolving product and application space; coordinating short to medium-term efforts across multiple hardware and software teams
- Support existing product deployments in the field; identifying, diagnosing, and addressing P0 hardware and software issues
- Debug complex electro-mechanical systems
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of experience designing, developing on, or optimizing remote sensing systems. (Radar, Lidar, EO, IR, etc)
- Strong proficiency in writing software for sensor data analysis (python, matlab, c++, etc)
- Driven, autonomous, hungry, and passionate about your work. Desire to be a part of a team and work with stakeholders across different functional domains
- Strong technical communication skills, providing the ability to deliver critical technical briefings and conclusions to technical leadership, company leadership, and customers
- Working knowledge of statistics for analysis of sensor data
- Strong fundamentals in math, linear algebra, and signal processing
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!