Software Engineer - Mission Software Engineering
Anduril - Australia – Australia - Software /
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems across all physical military domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, require Software Engineers motivated by real-world impact to deliver a variety of software enabled capabilities to our customers. Anduril Software Engineers work to articulate the value of, scope, architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation capabilities through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own customer success for a particular business line on a customer account, in co-ordination with Anduril Mission Operations Engineers.
- Empathize with end-users and contribute to software engineering teams that balance those user needs with external constraints, restrictions and requirements in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Own software enabled solutions that are deployed to customers, optimizing for the delivery of value to the end-user
- Implement software that leverages the output of multiple teams to rapidly delivers capability beyond the scope of current platforms
- Contribute to the development of existing software services across Anduril, with the aim of developing components that are re-usable across multiple Anduril product lines
- Develop software that runs on- and off- robotic platforms, using a variety of technologies
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Support system delivery, configuration, training and sustainment
- Travel to co-locate with end-users up to 40% of the time
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary delivery team with supremely experienced Software Engineers and other customer-facing staff to grow your own skills to the standard of a Senior Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Professional experience working as a Software Engineer with one or more domains and/or technologies of competence
- Desire to grow in a customer-facing role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency, scaling, testing and software design
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity to learn and grow rapidly, building personal and team capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience writing backend services or embedded software in C++ and/or Go
- Experience writing frontend applications using Typescript and React
- Experience with the design, implementation and operation of horizontally scaled cloud technologies
- Experience with the design, implementation and support of embedded software, particularly in the field of robotics
- Familiarity with Systems Engineerings concepts
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!